-I don't work Friday's and Saturday's.
- My bookings open every few months for the following months,
The way potential clients can enquire is through a tab that becomes available, you can either select 'new client' or 'previous client'. I do all of the work myself so once I view and possibly accept your idea, I offer a date, a quote and send through information to receive a deposit. A booking is not secured without this. The deposit is detracted off the total price, is non refundable and non transferrable between dates.
I take EVERY enquiry seriously, so would appreciate no window shoppers.
This means people emailing merely to find out a quote.
I have my average prices written on my website to help with this !
As I thankfully have quite a few people that are very interested to secure appointments and it would avoid disappointment for them.
ARE YOU CHANGING THE WAY YOU ACCEPT APPOINTMENTS NOW THAT YOU’RE EXPECTING A BABY?
Yes! Obviously the further along in the pregnancy, I won’t be able to reach certain placements i.e. ribs - I will be focusing mostly on arm and leg pieces in my most recent lot of bookings (I have more written about how apps will work late in my pregnancy and also after the baby arrives in ‘BOOKINGS UPDATE’ above)
WHAT DO YOU CHARGE?
I cannot provide you a quote outside of the booking period,
but to narrow it down... my minimum is $180 and maximum a day is $1100.
*From September 2018 my day rate will be increasing to $1200.
This is due to two reasons, I am becoming faster which means I can do more in a day and that I now have to include GST in my pricing.
DO YOU SEND OUT DESIGNS BEFORE MY APPOINTMENT?
Sending your design before your appointment is a risk for me to take,
so having respect if I do withheld the drawing until your appointment is appreciated.
Drawing the morning of a clients booking, allows me to focus solely on that person’s requests.
It is rare that I send a picture before hand, but if I did - it would be the day before or morning of.
WHAT IF I DON'T LIKE THE DRAWING, AM I ABLE TO HAVE IT CHANGED?
If you don't like what I've drawn or there's something you would like changed,
I can make minimal adjustments at my discretion and perfect it.
- It is easy to do this on the day.
If I have to re-draw more than half the piece or major amendments to the idea have changed, there will be an additional drawing fee and the appointment might have to be rescheduled, (to avoid redrawing I rely on specifics when the client is telling me what they're after (i.e if they want something angled a specific way etc).
The specifics that will narrow it down would be when enquiring.
As much as absolutely adore reading 'I love what you do, tattoo whatever on me',
I do need your personal ideas to further the booking process and to make sure I don't draw up a skeleton if you're really wanting a daisy.
For example there is a difference between wanting 'flowers' and wanting 'A rose and a rose bud'. However I can go off just wanting flowers, but know it will change the outcome of the design you get, which can cause the re-draw.
**IDEA CHANGES PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT DAY**
- IF you change your idea, that is completely okay.
- Be aware that this may result in a rescheduled or loss of an appointment.
- All bookings are organised based on estimated consult/stencil/tattoo time.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- You find the shop (address will be supplied after deposit is received)
- Please organise the transportation prior to the day of appointment, to avoid being late.
- I show you the design when you arrive at the studio
and make any mild changes if need be.
- We figure out the size (if size changes too much it will effect the price).
- I get you to fill out a consent form (Must be 18yrs +) and I go to make a stencil up.
- We then shave the area and prep the skin.
- I then apply the stencil and we check out if it's straight/correct size/in the right spot/works with your body shape etc.
- If you would like it to be in an alternative spot, we can wipe it off and try again
(as many times as your skin allows us to).
- We wait about 5-10 mins or so for the stencil to dry whilst I finish setting up.
- You then sit/lay down to get ready to be tattooed.
- All of my set up is disposable except for the machine itself and grip.
I keep my brand new needles in their packets and open them up just before I begin to tattoo, in front of you so it is clear that they are new.
- Before getting tattooed make sure you have eaten before hand, (I will ask you this when you're filling out the form). Also it's good if you have sugary sweets or a fizzy drink with you, plus any snacks as snacks are amazing and always needed.
- When I begin to tattoo, I do a small line first or begin with a couple of dots to see how you go (even if you've been tattooed before).
- When you're getting tattooed, remember to breathe. It sounds silly but it's something that is so helpful when you focus on taking steady breaths.
- Also remember to stay still, if you move.. I move (Although I do my best not to).
- If you're feeling faint or need to get some air, I have no trouble at all letting you take some time out (so speak up!).
- More than likely, you’ll be fine and we can keep going, we have breaks every now and then usually after the outline is done and any toilet breaks when needed!
- If you decide on the day of the appointment that you only want the outline done (you still have to pay in full for what was/is quoted) but if I personally say during the appointment if you want dotwork added and you change your mind I can add them next time, free of charge. This offer valid for six months Only.
AFTER TATTOO IS DONE:
- Payment is preferred in cash, please organise this prior to your appointment.
- I will let you know how to heal your tattoo with a take home aftercare sheet.
(You can find that in the aftercare link above as well)
If you take any photos of your tattoo prior or post healing, send them through!
Natural lighting and non-distracting background is best, or any selfie would be amazing!
HOW DO I LOOK AFTER MY TATTOO?
There is an aftercare link on my website, have a look!
There is so much written in that little tab :)
TOUCH - UPS:
- If your tattoo needs touching up - something healed lighter etc.
I do the first touch up for free but ask for a photo of the piece to clarify what needs to be done. HOWEVER, this expires after 8 months.
- The charge for a touch up is minimal and that will be provided via email, if need be.
- Let me know asap - I will not touch the tattoo before the estimated 2 weeks of healing.
- Please understand that I will try to put you in asap,
but know that it will usually either be before my day of tattooing or after.
- Touch ups do take time, as much as people say "it won't take long", "it'll be so fast".
If we have discussed an add on or adding dots to an outline piece (that you have decided to leave as just outline during that appointment) - there would be additional payment for this, this is at my discretion only if this were to change.
If there is any information you're curious on, don't hesitate in contacting me so I can make this page as informative as possible!