THe night of
So! People tend to over think this process, but it's really quite simple!
All you need are the following:
- Gladwrap or opsite (opsite is a different form of healing so please discuss this at the time of your appointment if you want to go that route)
- A shower
- Aftercare cream
(Read below for more instructions)
- INSTRUCTIONS ONLY FOR USE IF TATTOOED BY EMILY WEBER (dearemilyann),
The following is a simple guideline, remember everyone has a different skin type and what is underneath may not work for you if you have a temperamental skin type. PLEASE always ask during your appointment how to look after your tattoo.
- Before bed, have a shower - this is essential and it needs to happen!
- Wash thoroughly, the skin surface will feel like sunburn - but please be firm and clean and wash excess dry ink/weepy plasma etc off tattoo.
- Soap is fine just make sure it's all washed off after
- Pat dry with a clean towel or paper towel
- Gladwrap before sleep
- Wrapping it the first night ensures the tattoo doesn't weep and stick to your bed sheets etc
- Have clean sheets and sleepwear!
- Make sure to keep your pets away from your fresh tattoo
- Avoid touching or letting anyone touch your piece with dirty/unwashed hands.
- The next day - Have a shower and wash even more thoroughly because all of that weepy, blood, excess ink will be all contained in that gladwrap (looks ew, but so satisfying to was off!). Make sure your tattoo is as clean and visible as it was when you left the studio
- Wear loose fabric or no fabric over the tattoo area !
- Stay out of direct sun on the area as much as possible.
- I personally recommend to wait about three days before putting any cream on.
- When applying cream, do it once a day - if that!
Use the cream to settle itchy-ness and when the tattoo area is dry, use a small amount and make sure it's all rubbed in before putting fabric near the area. Do NOT smother your tattoo!
- Avoid sweating near the area of your new tattoo for at least two weeks. Wash after sweating.
- Just make sure to keep it clean without over thinking it too much.